Friday, August 31, 2012

A Wonderful Weekend in Wellington

(Yeah, I love alliteration! Haha)


I was lucky enough to go to Wellington (the capital city of New Zealand) for the weekend. Well, I call it a 'weekend' - it was actually a Thursday and a Friday. I still consider it my weekend though, because now that I'm back I have to study for two exams on Monday (and one of them's Math - ugh.)

We drove from my hometown, Hamilton, to Auckland where we boarded a plane which flew us to Wellington. We actually spent longer driving on the highway than we did on a plane!

Major cities in New Zealand (Source)

I am so glad that we got to fly down. Mainly because I love flying (I'm a rare sort of person who doesn't hate airports!) as well as the fact that the drive to Wellington would have taken at least 7 hours.


I forgot to bring my camera, so I managed to take some snaps on my phone (I apologise for the quality!)

 
Domestic Terminal of Auckland Airport

 Reading material for the plane ... the featured article was about what you should consider when picking a university - what a coincidence!

 
Waiting to board the plane.

While exploring Lambton Quay, I spotted this in a store called Kircaldie & Stains. There were so many different flavours to choose from. My favourite flavour from this brand is buttered popcorn, and obviously everyone else likes it too because there were only five beans left in that flavour :(
 
 
I loved this old phone booth in Post Office Square!
 
 
Wellington is full of amazing buildings. I am a huge fan of old buildings, and the detailing on some of these was fantastic! It was sacrilege to see that the most beautiful buildings housed things like Burger King - it made me want to cry!

 
We stopped off for a drink before dinner at a place called Mac's Brew Bar. It had a really quaint, old-school feel. I loved the lighting - a whole lot of old lamps attached to the ceiling!

Mmmm, berry cider.

We took the tram to the university, and apparently if you are a student you become quite accustomed to it!


Gaping hole in my trip where I am so busy being interested that I forget to take any pictures of the actual university

I think a coke is so much more satisfying from a glass bottle. When given the choice, I will ALWAYS pick glass over plastic.

 
It was really exciting to board the plane from the tarmac on the way home - I've never done that before! It was one of Air New Zealand's brand new planes, so it was super fancy! I found out (later) that you aren't meant to take photos while on the tarmac ... oops!
 
 
So now I just need to finish my applications for university. I seriously hope that I get the hall of residence that I want ... and a good room! Some of the rooms were really nice, but some in the building weren't. By putting it as my first choice, I have taken a BIG risk. I've also applied to study at Auckland University (their open day was last week), and there's only one hall I would even consider living in (the rest were really yuck!).
 
I should probably go study now - keep your fingers crossed for me guys,
 
Love, Hilary xxx
 

 


1 comment:

  1. If you're looking to lose kilograms then you absolutely have to get on this brand new personalized keto meal plan diet.

    To create this keto diet service, licenced nutritionists, personal trainers, and chefs united to provide keto meal plans that are efficient, decent, economically-efficient, and enjoyable.

    From their first launch in early 2019, hundreds of people have already remodeled their body and well-being with the benefits a good keto meal plan diet can offer.

    Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-certified ones given by the keto meal plan diet.

    ReplyDelete